CCA Celebrates 50 Year Anniversary

 

Press Contact

Katherine Rose Watson
Publicist
972-489-7694
pr@childcareassociates.org

 

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 

Child Care Associates Launches 50 Year Anniversary Celebration, Announces Ten Year Plan
CCA has served over 500,000 children ages 0-5 years old since 1968.

Child Care Associates Community Reception at the Fort Worth Club in Fort Worth, Texas on February 1, 2018. (Photo/Sharon Ellman)

FORT WORTH, Texas – February 2, 2018 – Child Care Associates (CCA) is celebrating its fifty-year anniversary in 2018 and today announces goals for the decade ahead, including CCA’s North Star plan. In Tarrant County alone, there are approximately 36,000 children under the age of five living in poverty. During the past fifty years, CCA has served nearly 600,000 children ages 0-5. Over 500 employees across three offices, 23 campuses and 74 partnership classrooms currently serve over 15,000 children each year in greater Tarrant County.

“A commitment to early childhood development is crucial to a strong community and its future,” states Child Care Associates President and CEO Kara Waddell. “Since 1968, Child Care Associates has advanced the opportunity of reaching at risk children before they arrive at school. CCA works to support the whole child – intellectually, emotionally, and physically—as well as supporting the whole family.” The impact of high-quality early learning is astounding: research indicates that every $1 invested in early childhood produces a return of $7. “For communities wanting to sustain a strong workforce and economy, early learning is one of the best investments to make,” adds Waddell. Waddell is in her fourth year as President and CEO of CCA.

Child Care Associates Community Reception at the Fort Worth Club in Fort Worth, Texas on February 1, 2018. (Photo/Sharon Ellman)

CCA has developed a “North Star” with goals to be achieved in the decade ahead. High-quality based research, family-centered design, a focus on resiliency, diverse educators, and building a fiscally strong nonprofit will be key principles of design. The North Star will be the foundation of three-year strategic plans for near-term implementation. CCA’s five goals for the next ten years are:

  • Provide high-quality early learning services with a focus on scaling programs serving children birth through age three
  • Serve the whole child and whole family
  • Champion the creation of a high-quality system
  • Strengthen the pipeline of talent in early childhood education
  • Build partnerships with families and schools to support continued development through third grade and beyond

The community acknowledges the importance of children in poverty being on grade-level in mathematics, reading, and social-emotional learning outcomes by the end of third grade. Child Care Associates will focus on two metrics on the pathway to third grade: the progress children are making in early literacy, mathematics, and social-emotional learning by age three, and kindergarten readiness among children in poverty. CCA announced the ten-year plan at a community reception held yesterday. Educational leaders, Mayor Betsy Price, Judge B. Glen Whitley, superintendents from three local school districts, and corporate and philanthropic leaders from across the Metroplex were in attendance.

Kara Waddell is available for interviews. To schedule an interview with a CCA representative regarding this news, contact Katherine Rose Watson (pr@childcareassociates.org, 972-489-7694).

 

About Child Care Associates

Child Care Associates is the largest child development nonprofit in North Texas and has served over half a million young children in the past fifty years. Through Head Start and Early Head Start programs, Child Care Associates delivers early education that ensures at-risk children are ready to succeed in school. As a “whole-child, whole-family” program, Child Care Associates offers support in areas such as mental health, emotional development, and nutrition for low-income children ages 0-5. Child Care Associates operates twenty-three child development centers in the greater Fort Worth and Arlington areas to serve nearly 2,500 children per school day. While 80% of Head Start & Early Head Start programs are funded through federal dollars, Child Care Associates works with community partners to meet the remaining 20%. For more information, visit childcareassociates.org.

 

Connect with Child Care Associates

Facebook

Twitter

Website

 

###

National Poverty Summit Convened Fort Worth

Press Contact
Katherine Rose Watson
972-489-7694
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
National Poverty Summit Convened in Fort Worth to Discuss Tarrant County’s Best Practices for Children Ages 0-3
Organizations are coming together to combat child poverty. 
 
24899752_10210044551534373_49874426423280913_n.jpg
FORT WORTH, Texas – December 7, 2017 – County officials from across the United States came together in Fort Worth today to learn and advance programs and policies to positively impact children ages 0-3 as part of The National Association of Counties (NaCo) National Poverty Summit. The topic of Cross-Sector Efforts to Impact Student Achievement was discussed this morning as the keynote session of the National Poverty Summit. The panel included Tarrant County Commissioner Roy Charles Brooks, City of Fort Worth Mayor’s Office Chief of Staff Ms. Mattie Parker, Superintendent of Fort Worth ISD Dr. Kent Paredes Scribner, and Child Care Associates CEO Kara Waddell.
Research consistently shows that the most rapid period of brain development is in the first years of life when a baby’s brain forms more than a million new neural connections every second. The panel discussed how cognitive, social and emotional growth is critical for later success in school and the workplace and how Tarrant County is coming together to combat child and family poverty. Communities across the country are working to improve children’s school readiness by focusing on child development from ages 0-3. “We in Fort Worth and Tarrant County are connecting our evidence-based programs, meaningful data and isolated funding streams to rebuild a system that fundamentally works for our youngest Texans,” said Waddell.
Young children who enter school kindergarten-ready are more likely to read on grade level by the end of third grade. Research shows that children who are not reading on grade level by the end of third grade are unlikely to graduate high school and will have more behavioral and social problems. The panel dove into the collaborative efforts of Read Fort Worth, the Early Learning Alliance, and Child Care Associates to ensure that 100 percent of third graders are reading at grade level by 2025.
Child Care Associates is helping to lead the way through convening diverse nonprofits with the Early Learning Alliance as well as school readiness efforts with Read Fort Worth. “Child Care Associates appreciates the leadership of County Judge Glen Whitley and County Commissioner Roy Brooks in challenging us all to build innovative solutions for young children,” said Waddell. Brooks is serving as the 2017-18 President of the National Association of Counties (NACo). The NaCo Poverty Summit runs December 7-9, 2017.
For more information, visit childcareassociates.org. To schedule an interview with a CCA representative regarding this news, contact Katherine Rose Watson (pr@childcareassociates.org, 972-489-7694).
About Child Care Associates
Child Care Associates is the largest child development nonprofit in North Texas and has served over half a million young children in the past forty-nine years. Through Head Start and Early Head Start programs, Child Care Associates delivers early education that ensures at-risk children are ready to succeed in school. As a “whole-child, whole-family” program, Child Care Associates offers support in areas such as mental health, emotional development, and nutrition for low-income children ages 0-5. Child Care Associates operates twenty-three child development centers in the greater Fort Worth and Arlington areas to serve approximately 2,300 children per year. While 80% of Head Start & Early Head Start programs are funded through federal dollars, Child Care Associates works with community partners to meet the remaining 20%. For more information, visit childcareassociates.org.
Connect with Child Care Associates
###

Volunteers Needed for Pre-K Campus Cleanup

Press Contact

Katherine Rose Watson
972-489-7694
pr@childcareassociates.org

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

100 Volunteers Needed for Back to (Pre)School Campus Cleanup
Child Care Associates has twenty-three campuses that need your help!

Child Care Associates News

Child Care Associates Diamond Road Center in Fort Worth, Texas (Photo by/Sharon Ellman)

FORT WORTH, Texas – July 26, 2017 – Child Care Associates is in need of 100+ volunteers the week of August 7th to help clean and prepare its early childhood education classrooms before the fall school season begins on August 21st. Teams of five to seven volunteers will work for 3-hour sessions (8:30 am – 11:30 am) at any of CCA’s twenty-three pre-kindergarten campuses. Volunteers can choose any day of the week Monday, August 7 – Friday, August 11.

The classroom materials and cleaning supplies will be provided by CCA. “We only need you present with sleeves rolled up and a smile,” says CCA CEO Kara Waddell. “Our volunteers are a vital part of our organization. Your time on the morning you choose will help welcome at-risk children to a sparkling classroom on their first day of school.” To volunteer for the Back to (Pre)School Campus Cleanup Week, call 817-838-0055 or email cca@childcareassociates.org. Businesses, churches, and civic group teams are invited to participate. For more information, visit https://www.childcareassociates.org/volunteers/.

For more information, visit childcareassociates.org. To schedule an interview with a CCA representative regarding this news, contact Katherine Rose Watson (katierosewatson@yahoo.com, 972-489-7694). 

Child Care Associates News

Child Care Associates Mid Cities Center in Euless, Texas (Photo by/Sharon Ellman)

About Child Care Associates

Child Care Associates is the largest child development nonprofit in North Texas and has served over half a million young children in the past forty-eight years. Through Head Start and Early Head Start programs, Child Care Associates delivers early education that ensures at-risk children are ready to succeed in school. As a “whole-child, whole-family” program, Child Care Associates offers support in areas such as mental health, emotional development, and nutrition for low-income children ages 0-5. Child Care Associates operates twenty-three child development centers in the greater Fort Worth and Arlington areas to serve approximately 2,300 children per year. While 80% of Head Start & Early Head Start programs are funded through federal dollars, Child Care Associates works with community partners to meet the remaining 20%. For more information, visit childcareassociates.org.

Connect with Child Care Associates

Facebook
Twitter
Website

###