Katherine Rose Watson
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Kuhlman Cellars Announces Wine Aroma Class
The February event is part of Kuhlman’s Vina Vita University wine education series.
Stonewall, Texas – January 29, 2020 – Kuhlman Cellars will host a Vina Vita University Aromas class on February 16, 2020 from 11 am – 1 pm where students will decode the aroma of wine. This second installment of Kuhlman Cellars’ wine appreciation series, led by Certified Sommelier Brandi Pratt, will help students make sense of how to taste wine using the sense of smell, which will culminate in a fun blind tasting “competition.”
This class brings understanding of how smell works and how to use the sense of smell to tailor food and wine preferences to give us a deeper understanding of wine.
Class activities include:
- Explore how our sense of smell defines how we enjoy and understand wine
- Develop your own smell and flavor memories
- Learn tools to understand how your personal history and memories influence the wines you drink
- Smell commonly found wine flavors and understand what they mean, including common fruit, vegetables, spices, wood, and herbs
- Taste the 2018 Viognier, 2018 Hensell, 2017 Newsom Vineyards Sangiovese, 2016 Reserve Merlot and 2016 KanKar and explore the aromas and tastes of each wine
- Participate in a Blind Tasting “competition” for fun during which scents have been added to wine for students try to identify.
Tickets are $50 per guest or $40 for Vina Vita Wine Club Members. To purchase tickets, click here. For questions and ticket information, contact email@example.com or call 737-231-8008.
What is Vina Vita University?
Vina Vita University is Kuhlman Cellars’ educational series, which aims to help wine club members and wine enthusiasts gain an understanding of the rich and complex topic that is wine and winemaking through educational classes. Classes are approachable, hands-on, and tons of fun. For more information on upcoming events, visit http://www.kuhlmancellars.com/Club/Vina-Vita-University.
About Kuhlman Cellars
Kuhlman Cellars believes wine promotes an appreciation of life’s journey. Lifelong wine lovers Chris and Jennifer Cobb founded an estate vineyard to produce terroir-driven wines of the highest quality. French winemaker and Texas wine pioneer Bénédicte Rhyne soon joined the team and they co-founded the winery to craft wine representative of Old World winemaking principles and Kuhlman Cellars opened to the public in 2014. Located in the heart of the Texas wine country, Kuhlman Cellars welcomes visitors at its tasting room on the famed Hwy 290 Wine Trail between Fredericksburg and Johnson City for signature food and wine pairings. For more information and to purchase wines online, visit www.kuhlmancellars.com.
Connect with Kuhlman Cellars